- Cancel anytime.
- No contracts.
- Unlimited alerts in over 200 countries.
- Automatic carrier switching for the best possible signal everywhere.
Why is there a dataplan?
Each sensor uses a UG96 3G GSM Modem that comes pre-installed with our automatic roaming cellular simcard that works in 200 countries. In order to send alerts, it needs to connect to carrier networks and send data (similar to a phone) so it needs a dataplan.
Luckily we have the lowest rates available a $4 per month.
How does it work?
Easy -- you simply purchase the sensor from our website or an authorized retailer. If you purchased from the website, you automatically have a subscription dataplan attached to your account, and it works out of the box. All you need to do is use it and enjoy it, no setup required. If you purchased at an authorized retailer, you'll be prompted to purchase a dataplan right through the app. The first 30 days are free for everyone, then you'll need to pay to continue service. After paying, there's nothing special you need to do. Use it, enjoy it -- no setup required in over 200 countries.
What if I don't want to pay you $4 per month?
Use your own GSM based simcard if you like, and take ours out. We ask that you let us know the numbers on the simcard and inform us if you plan to use your own simcard so we can deactivate our pre-installed simcard. Note: location services may not work with your simcard, and it won't be as high performance. We have many features only available to our high performance simcard (fallback safety features, carrier selection for best signal anywhere you go, encryption technologies) and we've tried to negotiate literally the best rate (it's almost at cost for us, we basically make no money on these). We cannot gaurantee compatibility or service with your own GSM simcard, so it is not recommended but it is an option technically.
Why didn't you go with wifi?
- easily defeated (unplug the wifi router..)
- easily defeated (cut the power to the house)
- limited range (only within the house)
- not as secure
- harder to manage (change the wifi or password, your sensor is the last thing you'll remember to update)
- no global range
- no remote capability (car, truck, rv, storage unit, boat etc.)
- no high signal penetration through thick safes and walls